How to Advise on Enquiries and Additional Searches in Light of the 2019 Protocol
Wednesday 30th September 2020
10.00 am - 12.00 noon - this Webinar will be delivered using Zoom Web Conferencing - would like to but unable to attend? Not to worry, all pre-booked delegates will be given access to a recording of the webinar to watch in their own time.
Speaker: Richard Snape
SRA Competence B
Advice on response to enquiries is a major area within conveyancing, especially in the light of fraud enquiries and Mishcon de Reya. The 2019 Protocol and Code for Completion by Post amount to substantial changes in this area. In addition, giving advice on searches and when to have additional searches is of extreme importance.
Topics covered include:
- 2019 Protocol
- The 2019 Code for Completion by Post
- Misrepresentation and Enquiries
- Raising and responding to Enquiries relating to identity
- Disclosure and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations
- The Conveyancing Protocol and Enquiries
- Additional Searches
- Advice on Searches
- Searches and VAT after Brabners v HMRC
- 2019 Law Society Guidance on VAT and searches
- EWS1 Enquiries in relation to cladding
- The 4th Edition of the TA6 Enquiries
SPEAKER - Richard Snape has been the Head of Professional Support at Davitt Jones Bould since 2002. He speaks at numerous courses for law societies all over the country, various public courses, in-house seminars within solicitors firms and has also talked extensively to local authorities and central government bodies. His areas of specialism include both commercial and residential property, in particular in relation to local government law, conveyancing issues, development land, commercial property and incumbrances in relation to land.
DASLS Members/Affiliates/Associates: £80.00 + VAT (£96.00)
Non-members: £100.00 + VAT (£120.00)
We will provide a VAT invoice for payment. (BACS payment preferred)
3 for 2 offer! Book 3 places on this webinar and get the cheapest FREE!