Wednesday 4th November 2020
2.00pm - 5.00 pm - this Webinar will be delivered using Zoom Web Conferencing.
Would like to but unable to attend? Not to worry, all pre-booked delegates will be given access to a recording of the webinar to watch in their own time.
Speaker: Ian Quayle
SRA Competence B
This course designed for residential property conveyancers is providing an invaluable examination as to what can go wrong in the conveyancing process whilst at the same time giving a useful reminder as to best practice. The course involves an examination of what can go wrong in a conveyancing transaction and how problems and claims can be avoided.
The topics covered include:
- How property fraud can lead to negligence claims and what is the best approach to avoid problems
- Setting realistic client expectations
- Dealing with replies to TA forms when acting for the seller
- Dealing with searches and replies to TA forms when acting for the buyer
- The issue of informed consent – what does this really mean?
- Transactional issues – title problems and land registration issues
- What causes problems in leasehold transactions
- Transactional Issues that cause claims – title, searches, enquiries, co-ownership and land registration issues
- Recent relevant case law
Speaker: After many years in private practice Ian Quayle has spent the last 13 years delivering training courses in connection with property law for a number of the leading training providers to the legal profession. Ian has spoken at a number of conferences dealing with negligence in conveyancing transactions and has designed and delivered a number of courses on this subject. In addition he has undertaken consultancy work for a number of law firms and organisations looking at conveyancing systems, claims and complaints. His relaxed, informative, and engaging style, combined with extensive legal and practical knowledge ensures his courses are always well attended.
DASLS Members/Affiliates/Associates: £115.00 + VAT (£138.00)
Non-members: £130.00 + VAT (£156.00)
We will provide a VAT invoice for payment. (BACS payment preferred)
3 for 2 offer! Book 3 places on this webinar and get the cheapest FREE!