Thursday 15th October 2020
10.00 am - 12.00 noon - this Webinar will be delivered using Zoom Web Conferencing - would like to but unable to attend? Not to worry, all pre-booked delegates will be given access to a recording of the webinar to watch in their own time.
Speaker: Keith Markham
SRA Competence B, D
This course has been completely updated to take into account recent developments in respect of both the GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 with particular emphasis on how Brexit will affect this area of practice. Delivered by a highly experienced presenter, and using a variety of case studies, delegates will leave the session better informed and equipped to deal with this ever-evolving area of practice. The implications of Covid-19 will be discussed where appropriate.
Topics will include:
Brexit and data protection - what will happen at the end of the transition period?
- Will the GDPR continue to apply?
- Will I need to appoint a representative in the EEA?
- What will be the impact on transfers of personal data?
Data subjects’ rights
- What does recent case law say about the right of access?
- What developments have there been in respect of the other rights?
- What is the impact of the recent ECJ decision on the EU-US Privacy Shield?
- What is the latest position in respect of the E-Privacy Regulation?
- Do I need to alter my marketing strategy and usage of cookies?
- Can compensation be awarded in respect of ‘loss of control over personal data’?
- What is the latest position on the Lloyd v Google case?
- What fines have been levied in other jurisdictions?
- What enforcement action has the ICO taken to date?
Speaker: Keith Markham qualified as a Solicitor in 2001 and now works as a freelance training consultant. Initially working in private practice, in 2004 he moved in-house at the BGL Group, a major insurance intermediary that numbers Budget and comparethemarket.com among its brands. During his time there Keith advised extensively on all areas of data protection. He also conducted contract negotiations of a complex nature, often with major blue-chip companies. In 2007, Keith joined BPP Professional Education, one of Europe’s leading providers of professional development training. He worked there as both an in-house lawyer dealing with data protection and commercial contracts and also as a presenter of training courses before ultimately deciding to specialise in delivering training and becoming a freelance training consultant in 2009. Drawing on his considerable experience Keith has designed and delivered a wide variety of training for BPP and other providers as well as for his own clients in the commercial law field. In particular he teaches topics relating to data protection and commercial contracts to lawyers and non-lawyers alike.
DASLS Members/Affiliates/Associates: £80.00 + VAT (£96.00)
Non-members: £100.00 + VAT (£120.00)
We will provide a VAT invoice for payment. (BACS payment preferred)
3 for 2 offer! Book 3 places on this webinar and get the cheapest FREE!