Solicitor/Legal Executive – Employment Team
Wolferstans is a Devon based modern law practice with a strong heritage of over 200 years, based in the centre of the busy city of Plymouth with satellite offices in Plympton and Plymstock.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a growing Employment Team within a successful and expanding Business Services Department. We are looking for a talented, confident advisor with experience in providing employment law advice. There is a readymade case load for the right candidate with opportunities to become involved in advising, marketing, business development and to continue building upon the success experienced to date.
We have a strong local reputation and client base and wish to maximise our opportunity to grow further. Our client base consists of large local businesses, schools, higher education establishments, medium sized owner-manged enterprises, start-ups and individuals. The existing case load is a mix of non-contentious and Tribunal work with a focus on non-contentious advice for local schools and businesses. We also regularly provide TUPE support to other Teams within the Department.
We are happy to consider a wide range of candidates, from those who have recently qualified, to those with several years of experience. We are looking for somebody who is highly IT literate, personable and confident to give on the spot advice by telephone or to tight deadlines. The ability to maintain and develop good client relationships is key, and the ideal candidate will be keen to become involved in business development activities.
The Team is forward thinking, and we embrace modern ways of working to include a paper-light office. Home-working is encouraged while staff development and well-being is a focus for the Firm.
- Conducted work that includes advising employers (non-contentious work).
- Experience of either Tribunal work and/or advising within the education sector is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent communication and client care skills.
- Ability to deal sensitively and appropriately with confidential information.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and other business sources.
- Ability to work well under pressure within stipulated timescales and meet deadlines.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise effectively.
- Enjoy working in a team and ability to work using own initiative.
- Empathetic whilst dealing with sensitive issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Modern IT skills.
- Professional and positive work attitude with the ability to embrace change.
- Willingness to attend courses and webinars to increase knowledge and understanding.
- Ability to work towards and meet the firm’s core competencies.
- Commitment to the firm and the ability to provide a confident and positive input.
- Ability to take responsibility and ownership for the success of the firm and their own development.
CVs to be sent to Emma Evans, HR Manager firstname.lastname@example.org